Upon seeing leggings and skirts with graphic designs, Carla became convinced her Winnipeg could work on wearable art. After satisfying her curiosity by designing one pair of leggings and a skirt, she was sold. The initial pieces garnered interest and gained momentum as the media discovered and promoted her work.
Today, she sells her Winnipeg images on skirts, leggings, baby and toddler leggings, and also silk scarves.
18” Velveteen Pillow Cases
- Case fits an 18” by 18” pillow form
- Super soft velveteen 100% polyester
- Durable and fade resistant print
- Finished with a zipper at the bottom of the case
- Easy care: machine wash cold delicate cycle and lay flat to dry.
- Printed and sewn by hand in Montreal Canada
SKIRTS AND LEGGINGS
- Made from ultra-stretch PolySpandex blend fabric that won’t lose shape even after multiple wearings.
- Vivid print that won’t fade after washing.
- Easy care: machine wash cold. Tumble dry on regular or hang to dry.
- Comfy elastic waistband finishing
- Cover-stitched waist band and hems.
- Printed and sewn by hand in Montreal Canada.
- Fabric is manufactured in Canada and contains 88% polyester 12% spandex
Fabric and Finishing
The silk scarves are made from 100% silk habotai fabric. They are light and airy and the special print process allows the print to be seen thru both sides of the scarf.
The scarves are finished with a machine rolled baby hem. The finishing is durable and smooth.
Upon receiving, your scarf may feel a bit stiff. This is due to the setting of the pigment inks. To soften after purchase:
Mist with water and machine tumble on medium to high heat.
To wash or further soften:
Machine wash cold water on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on medium to high heat. Iron if needed on a silk setting with protective cloth between scarf and iron.